How Can You Energize Your Trees?
The Phosphonates, Potassium Phosphites have been observed to activate defense mechanisms that kick into gear when attached by disease or insects. This product also has fungistatic activity against major fungal pathogens and decline and has shown to promote the trees natural defense systems capable of stimulating host defenses through induced systemic resistance.
One method is to wall off the pathogen by killing off surrounding cells, somewhat like a fire line around a forest fire. Currently, potassium phosphites are being studied as “inducers”, of disease resistance and control. But the plant responds further, releasing various chemical compounds that alert the rest of the plant to begin producing other compounds that increase plant resistance to infection or attack at other sites on the plant. These responses are called systemic acquired resistance (SAR) and induced resistance (IR). It is also well known that functional Potassium will provide a certain level of disease protection, in and of itself.
Potassium Phosphite, being a full potassium salt of phosphorous acid, has been shown, by research, to be the most effective form of the Phosphonate type fungicides. The mode of action of phosphorous acid is two fold, by acting first within the fungus, inhibiting fungus growth, and also by changing the nature of the fungal cell walls by activating the plants own immune defense response through rapid cytological action, and triggering other cellular phytoalexin accumulations and metabolic changes and other resistance inducers. Phosphonates are highly selective, non-toxic fungicides against numerous fungal pathogens, and provide both protective and curative responses against such plant diseases.
It is a highly systemic sterol inhibitor that penetrates and trans-locates, preventing fungal cell development, by interfering with cell wall formation and growth throughout the plant by inhibiting sterol biosynthesis.
The chemical is dispensed directly into the tree through a Chemjet Syringe that puts the product directly into the tree’s vascular system, it stimulates parts of the tree that produce disease-fighting chemicals. Scientists have discovered that trees dosed with a chemical product normally used as a fertilizer can fight and even resist the deadly microbe that has killed so many oak trees. Once the phosphite moves up the tree and enters the leaves, it stimulates the production of infection-fighting chemicals within a layer known as the cambium. The chemicals, although they do not affect the pathogen, boost the tree’s natural defenses. Arborists and foresters who use the phosphite product, which is expected to cost about $65 per application.
The micro-injection of oaks ands other tree species, aids the return to vigorous growth.” It is also used for Sudden Oak Death or root rot and serves to stabilize the tree. It is a selective, systemic fungicide / nutrient energizer with a high level of environmental safety and very low non-target toxicity. This injection immediately enters the tree and begins restoring the trees ability to function again. Phosphorous is an essential element for trees and critical for root production. Not only does phosphite help roots, but is actually beneficial to the regeneration of mycorrhizae on the roots of oaks and other trees.
The Phosphite is highly mobile in trees and moves bi-directional in the phloem and upward to the leaves in the vascular systems. Because Phosphite has one less oxygen molecule than phosphate, a higher degree of solubility and mobility, within the plant is achieved. This unique characteristic permits phosphites to be rapidly absorbed or taken up across the membranes of plant foliage and/or roots, in both their nutritive and plant protective roles, with immediate activity on contact.
Injecting trees with ” POTASSIUM PHOSPHITE” (PP) and using the Chemjet Injector Syringes requires the least amount of the fungicide / energizer, though a little labor intensive, it is more environmentally safer and more target friendly than applying as a foliar spray.
The treatment is entirely within the tree and the dosages are determined precisely by the size of the tree. The material does not have to penetrate the soil, the leaves or the bark to be come effective, it goes to work immediately. Since it uses far less target material, it is very cost effective.
It is not surprising that the original spray, and material waste applications are over a century old. However, just because it was one of the first methods, does not mean it is the “best” in all situations. It is time to look at new ideas with a more environmental, scientific and practical approach.
- Increases the integrity of plant cell walls, which improves plant strength and resistance.
- Stimulates key pathways in the plant, which produce compounds (phytoalexins) that are responsible for defending the plant against environmental stress including pathogens.
- Enhances the efficiency of all plant nutrients.
- Is intended to be only as a supplemental fertilizer treatment.
- As an “Injectable” treatment method, trees have shown a “rapid and significant re-greening and a return to vigorous growth.”
- Stimulates the tree’s natural potent immune system and helps trees spring back to significant re-greening and vigorous growth very quickly. Reapply applications 1 time per year.
- A boost of phosphorous is taken up by the root or by the foliage and is highly mobile within the trees and plants, due to the lack of one oxygen molecule. Potassium Phosphite fights stress and charges the trees and plants with energy, providing more vigorous, less problematic trees and plants health.
PHOSPHITE : The Energy Element Increases Plant Energy | ATP Production
- Three R’s:
The primary functions of P in trees and plants are:
- Structural component of proteins, enzymes, nucleic acids, and DNA
- Photosynthesis (production of sugars and starches)
- Respiration (producing energy by oxidizing sugars and starches)
- Phosphorous in the form of Phosphite(PO3) is radically different than the traditional form of Phosphate(PO4). Phosphite (PO3) increases the energy level within the trees and plants by increasing ATP production, the energy storage battery in the trees and plants that powers all physiological functions, such as photosynthesis. Whether its environmental extremes or root and shoot production. Trees and plants are continuously in a state of resisting, repairing and recovering from some environmental and/or physiological stress conditions that threaten plant quality and even survival.
- Potassium Phosphite is manufactured under the strictest manufacturing procedures on the market. Temperature and reaction speed are controlled and
- Potassium Phosphite is made in small batches. Only the finest 99.9% pure, virgin raw materials are selected to produce Potassium Phosphite.
- Potassium Phosphite appears clear like water, with no impurities or residues present. This process creates a product with higher integrity, which allows
- Potassium Phosphite to be more effective at lower rates and greatly reduces the risk of burn, even at 4X rates. Contains no available phosphate, “ P ” analysis is 100% phosphite (PO3. In summary application of phosphites enhances the activity of the trees and plants dynamic defense systems. In short, it tells the trees and plants …where to grow, why to grow, what to grow and when to grow.
- ATP is formed by the addition of a phosphate group to a molecule of adenosine diphosphate (ADP); or to state it in chemical terms, by the phosphorylation of ADP. This reaction requires a substantial input of energy, much of which is captured in the bond that links the added phosphate group to ADP. Because light energy powers this reaction in the chloroplasts, the production of ATP during photosynthesis is referred to as photophosphorylation.
- Phosphorus is vital to the growth and health of trees and plants. It assists in converting the sun’s energy and other chemicals, such as nitrogen, into usable food for trees and plants. A phosphorus deficiency will lead to stunted, sickly looking plants that produce a lower quality leaf quality or vigor.
Trunk injection is the application of treatment injected via a Chemjet syringe into a drilled hole at the stem or trunk of a tree. There is an art and a science to properly injecting chemicals.